Monday, October 17, 2011

Things I Don't Understand

The world is a confusing place. It's becoming more and more confusing every year. People call it a decline of civilization; I call it annoying. Civilization is not declining, the stupid people are just being louder than the sane ones.

Let's be real for about thirty seconds, shall we?

The world is not going to end on Oct. 21 like it was supposed to back in August, or whatever month it was. The world is not going to end on Dec. 21, 2012.

What I don't understand, is how people can believe it will. It's like Y2K on steroids. If you're that paranoid give me all your possessions, money, and whatever else you won' need when the world ends. I'll keep it safe.

Right, moving on.

Here are the other things I don't understand:
  • What happened to food and beverage small sizes? Why do I need an Icee that weighs more than me?
    • We are not fat because of the sizing, we are fat because we think it's okay to drink an entire 480 oz Icee in one sitting. 
  • Why high school and middle school students are on Facebook. You spent all day with your friends, then you go home and go on the computer to talk with them? Why not just hang out with each other in the same house?
  • Why did the Jetsons have a robot maid?
    • We have vacuums in the wall to suck up dirt.
    • Their meals were a pill. No cooking involved.  
    • How do people who never really go outside ever bring dirt into the space house?
    • What did Jane Jetson do all day? Donna Reed, and June Cleaver baked. But you never see Jane ever do anything.
  • When did 'hahahaha" become a conversation? I'm looking at you high school students.  The conversation goes like this:
    • Hahaha I just failed my math test, hahahaha (Someone's name) is a dork hahaha jk hahaha lol
    • Someone will reply: hahaha thts funny hahhaha jk rofl
    • hahaha i kno hahahahaha
    • Then the kid who was called a dork or whatever name comes on and says hahahaha no im not hahahaha
    • and it continues, 108 times of someone just typing hahahaha.
    • I doubt you really are laughing. 
    • If I was an English teacher I would be crying. I wonder if that's how they punctuate their papers?
  • Why does summer fly by but the four months of winter last forever?
  • NFL wide receiver Donte Stallworth runs over a pedestrian with his car, killing him. NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress takes a gun into a New York club, and shoots himself in the leg. Literally, and figuratively. Stallworth gets 30 days in jail, Burress gets 2 years.
    • I would think killing someone with your car would go for a bit higher than a month. And shooting yourself in the leg? If you're that stupid to put a gun in your pants, and shoot yourself in the leg, no amount of jail time is going to make you smarter.
  • Why aren't NFL wide receivers assigned baby sitters?
  • Is there a group of men out there dumber than wide receivers?
  • What is the goal of the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters?
    • Do they have a goal?
    • An objective?
    • Anything?
    • They're just taking up space complaining about.....
    • I wonder if they started protesting because they felt left out as protest heat up in the Middle East and northern Africa?
  • Why can't a size 8 in Nike be the same size 8 in Adidas?
  • Why aren't people nicer on Internet forums?
    • I doubt you would call another person a nigger, faggot, dyke, homo, retard, or anything else to their face. I doubt you would threaten them. Unless, you're a jerk.
    • Why must people hide behind aliases like jimbeam83728 and go on hateful ramblings about political topics, or recaps of sporting events?
      • If you are angry, stay off the computer.
      • If you wouldn't say it in real life, face to face, don't say it on the Internet.
  • Do Tom and Jerry, Wile E. Coyote and The Roadrunner ever become friends?
    • I'm sad people thought cartoon animals with endless supplies of dynamite were thought to be violent.
    • I'm sad the cartoons were pulled from TV before we ever find out if they move past their differences.
  • Why are people so quick to call others: fag, gay, homo, queer, whatever.
    • Why is someone's sexual orientation a put down?
    • Four teenagers took their lives last year because of the taunting, bullying, and name calling they received for being gay.
    • It's hard enough to have to go through that once, but four times?
      • That is a crisis.
  • Who came up with the name, "Tater-Tots?"
  • Why does no one speak up and tell other people to be nice?
    • The holocaust started because a maniac received power and demanded those different from himself, especially those of the Jewish faith, to be killed.
    • The holocaust happened because no one stood up and said it was wrong.
    • Why are we still not speaking up and saying people are behaving wrongly.
    • I thought the peer pressure would stop after high school, college at the latest. My mistake.
  • Were T-Rexes angry because his arms were to short to give/receive hugs?
    • Maybe they didn't want to eat the other dinosaurs, maybe they just wanted a hug.
  • Why did the phrase, "Please refrain from talking," that used to cause your agitator to shut up like he/she ate super glue, no longer work in the real world?
    • Could you imagine going up to a politician like Michele Bachmann and tell her to, "please refrain from talking?"
    • She would probably just laugh at you.
    • If she did listen you would be a hero
    • I miss elementary school where that was effective.
    • I also miss threatening to tell. What a magical phrase that was.
  • Why are pro sports (with the exception of football) seasons so long?
  • Why is something called instant when I have to add water and wait three minutes?
  • Why do churches teach hate and intolerance instead of love and acceptance?
    • The church I was raised in had me going to hell by the time I hit third grade.
    • That can really mess with a kid's psyche.
  • Who named a baby kangaroo, Joey?
  • Why are bathrooms in America referred to as John, but "Lou" in England?
  • What am I getting for my birthday?



No comments:

Post a Comment