Monday, October 31, 2011

Cleaning out the Car

Every three months the vehicle is waxed. The interior needs to be vacuumed at least once a month, and if you even think of opening a can of soda, or a snack you must put your head out the window.

Mountain bike, tent, surfboard and rollerblades clutter
the back of my car. I might have a few hobbies.
I'm not like my friend. 

The car is washed when the rain doesn't do a good enough job getting the dirt and mud off it. I only vacuum when there is more dirt and sand inside my car than on the beach.

Chris and I joke about our cars being the basement of our apartment. Therefore, we have a ton and a half of junk (ahem, very useful items) in our cars.

Need a change of clothes? Got it.

Water or Gatorade? Got it.

An air compressor? Got it.

Want to take an impromptu bike ride? We can do that.

I'm basically ready for any event, disaster, softball game, or camping trip.

Inside my car is a mountain bike, softball bag, roller blades, hockey stick, ski boots, empty soda bottles, three pairs of shoes and the hoodie I've spent the last three weeks looking for.

In about three weeks skis and a snowboard will also be added to the back of my car. The bike might come out, and if I'm feeling really motivated I might take my car through the car wash. Maybe.

The mess doesn't bother me. I know it's weird, but it doesn't. It might be a Jeep thing.

When my friends asked if I could pick them up from the airport I said it would not be a problem. Picking them up is not a problem. Cleaning out my car is.

My car is driven only by me, and I rarely have a second person in it, therefore it is a mess. It is such a mess, that even the messiest person in the world has a desire to organize my car upon entry.

Now that I'm 25, I should probably take on some more responsibility in my life. Keeping my car clean seems like a good place to start.

I've changed my mind. I'll do it when I'm 26. For now, I'll just move the stuff around so people have a place to sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment