Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Costume Search

Halloween is my favorite time of year. Mostly because it's two days after my birthday so not only do I have thirty pounds of candy, I also have presents. It's way better than Christmas.

Besides celebrating my birthday, I love creating costumes for this amazing holiday. Most of my costumes need to be pieced together or made (usually by my Mom). Every year I need to explain what I am, and every year someone says I don't get it.

Good, you're not supposed to get it. Well, you are, but that's not the point. The point is I don't like to the generic princess for Halloween.

In the past I have been (the ones I remember anyway):

A tree (leaves glued to a paper bag)
A gorilla (I was the warmest kid in the neighborhood. To bad no one knew what I was)
Timon, from Lion King
Clark Kent (No, not Superman. What a wimp, getting taken down by Kryptonite)
Steve Yzerman (This one I did twice, both times it was a hit. Easiest costume ever)
My American Girl Doll (we wore jeans and a T-shirt)
White Trash (white trash bag with trash taped to me)
Walking Dead (dressed in black, had fantastic face paint and a tombstone attached to me)

There were also the generic buy them from the store costumes:
Genie from Aladdin (Abu wasn't an option)
An M&M
Cat in the Hat

Good costumes, but not nearly as fun as the ones mention previously. Or even what I'm going as this year.

This year I get to carry two swords. It's my birthday, I can do what I want, and I want two swords.

This has been a tough year trying to decide what to do for Halloween. I was originally going to go as Tonks from "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." I wanted to carry my knife sharpener as a wand.

Then we had the idea to go as the cast from a British TV show, "IT Crowd." That fell through, as a key member decided to go as something else. (It wasn't me)

Then I was going to go as a Hipster Hunter, but it was pointed out I would probably end up in jail as I trapped most of the Seattle population in a fish net.

So I am now going as Fruit Ninja. Chris is dressing as a banana, if we can ever find a banana two days before we need it. And as Fruit Ninja I get to chase him around Seattle, with swords.

I have a feeling the swords are going to be taken away very quickly.

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment