Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The best and worst of adulthood

My seven year old self would be so proud of me this weekend.

Chris and I along with two friends went camping,  and with the fun camping brings, it also comes copious amounts of junk food and beer.

So, before there was actual breakfast, there were Oreos. And I high fived the child who would be so excited I wasn't a fuddy duddy.

And I am indeed eating what I want when I want, food pyramid of healthy eating be damned!

I then high fived myself and did an awesome dance and died from a sugar rush.

And then I paid for it dearly at the gym Monday morning. But that's okay; because my inner child isn't completely dead.

Which is a good thing, because for a while life threw way to much adult stuff my direction, and I was not okay with it. First I had to go through the car buying process, and then when that was finally under control, there was water in my ceiling light.

It started simply enough. My sister was over before we were to embark on a bike ride to several breweries and tasting rooms with our parents and family, when half way through her shower we noticed water in a ceiling light.

And as much as I enjoy fish tanks, I did not appreciate the one on the ceiling.

After calling five plumbing companies a couple days later (we had beer to drink) I taped the light switch and saved the problem for another day. Of the five companies called, three companies showed up.

Also, when stereotypes are confirmed I can't help but laugh. Plumber butt cracks are no joking manner, but hilarious!

The people from the company that will do the work, has total control of the butt crack situation, and I am forever grateful.

Anyway, plumbers come to try and figure out where water is coming from.

And one plumber is staring at the ceiling of the main floor pointing out water damage EVERYWHERE. Dude, we have textured ceilings and walls. Not every bump is water damage.

And then he says, I need to cut a couple holes here, here, and here (all are very far from where the water made an appearance).

And I'm like:


There is a hole, one hole, a small square hole close to the light where the water was hanging out. The leak was spotted, work will be done to fix the water, but it is on me to fix the hole in the ceiling.

Everyone, begin chewing bubble gum!

So, now on Tuesday the plumber is here, and it smells like he lit several gerbils on fire as he used fire to repair several of the busted, broken, pipes which were leaking water EVERYWHERE!

But now I have a couple holes.



And I wanted to redo my bathroom (the one that now has a hole) so this might be a good time to do so. Or I can just put the tiles back on the wall and call it good, but that doesn't seem quite so fun. Oh, the decisions.

I'll go eat an Oreo and make a decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment