Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eulogy to Lappy Lap Lap

Six years ago, you came into my life as I was ready to embark on the biggest adventure of my life. You kept me company on days I did not feel like I was worth any one's time, space, or energy. On days that I felt like I ruled the world, you were the first person to tell. You were always there to play that perfect song for my mood.
You kept me in contact with friends whether they were down the hall, and planning a beer/ice cream run, or across the country. You reminded me about their birthdays and life events like first dates, anniversaries, babies, weddings, and break ups.
You helped me with my homework, from the never ending papers to the never ending research to the never ending "what's that word again?"
You were there when I moved across the country, to be with my fiance, now husband. You were the one that became a ski bum with me, and when I was tired and homesick you comforted me. You were the one that helped me plan a wedding and the first to show me my wedding pictures.
You are the one that helps me search for jobs, and are always there with a good joke or a letter from someone I care about.
You were there when I was told I sucked, and there when I was told I was great.
Thank you for being my laptop for the past six years. I will miss you.
Now, please cooperate and give me back my photos, documents, and music that are on your hard drive you poopy piece of machinery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment