Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Passive Aggressive Milk Cartons

Weirdly shaped, and awkward to carry, frumpy, and space monopolizers, milk cartons are also passive aggressive.

Many people, and now objects seem to be taking up issues with my car. Okay, three pairs of skis, skiboots, snowpants, gloves, rollerblades, hockey stick, etc, is a bit much. I admit it. I should probably take out something, especially, when going to the grocery store.

Packed around my hobbies, the bags are secure, but leaves little room for frump cartons. I wedge them between the bags and the back passenger side door. Close the door, and drive home. As I open the door, the milk carton gives its, nice little, Jackie Chan impersonation, and falls to the cold wet ground.

I pick it up, along with a couple other bags and head up to my apartment. Placing things on the floor I run down to repeat the process. Except, this time, there is milk all over the floor. There doesn't seem to be a hole (at least not one I can see). Down the stairs I go.

There is now a milk puddle forming in the sink. Okay, obviously there is a hole in the carton. Luckily I had finished a carton of milk off earlier and had a place to put the refugee milk. BUT, that's not the point. The point is, these stupid cartons should be better reinforced.

Dear, Dairy Farmers of America packagers, Can you please reinforce the cartons to tank proportions? Some of us struggle with life and need a way to keep milk inside the carton.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment