Sunday, March 27, 2011

2:1 Ratio, not always great

Getting sick is not preferred. In fact, I don't know any person who is excited to be lying on the couch trying not to die. It's especially crumby when you're hardly ever sick, because, in my opinion, you're hit harder than normal. It takes stronger bugs to take out a strong immune system. And this time, it was a HGH, 'roid raged, Rambo type bug that sent us running, litteraly.
It is especially crumby when you're no longer young. When I was little and I became sick my mom brought me orange juice, soup, took my temperature, grabbed movies, and somehow made me feel around better. When you're an adult, you're on your own. Good luck, suck it up.
Chris is also fantastic when I'm trying not to die. He brings me what I need, lets me choose what I want to watch on TV, and makes me soup, sometimes even sharing his chicken noodle soup. (Before we sound insane, I like double noodle, Chris likes chunky chicken noodle. If I'm out of double noodle, he'll make his preferred kind.) I do the same for him, and we've both made the run to the store to get the other OJ, or whatever.
It's a good system, until two people are beyond sick, so sick they can barely move. So sick the toilet wants to run and hide. Not only is it a pain you can't ask the other person to bring you something, and you have to suffer the five steps to the kitchen, that has absolutely nothing to offer. (The downside to getting sick the day after you come back from vacation.) You also have to will your body not to explode until the other person is done being sick. This is not easy, and I'm pretty sure the only thing that kept me from puking over the balcony was I could not remember how to open the door. I have new found sympathy for birds who fly into windows, it hurts.
The other part that sucks about getting sick when you're an adult? You have to be the one to clean up your own vomit.
It's nice to know we both survived the 2011 Attack From Hell Stomach Flu, and now we get to attack the toilet and bathroom with bleach. Yippie-Kai-Aye! And if either one of us gets sicks ever again, it will be to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment