Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting Crafty

Any time I begin a sentence with, "Hey Chris, you know what we should do?" It turns into a bigger project than originally thought.

My idea was a good one. Let's make a cornhole game! Simple right? Grab some wood, put it on an slant, put a whole in the wood, throw bean bags through it.

One week later, four burns and a loss of fingerprints, everything is just about done. Please note, Chris did not suffer any injuries.

Chris says I greatly under estimate the project and over estimate my abilities.

Sounds about right.

I can't sew, but for whatever reason, this small fact did not slow me down from thinking I could make bean bags.

I grabbed needle and thread and tried to sew the bean bags. The material was to thick, to sew, and I was to impatient to wait for someone who could help me on a sewing machine.

People advised lessons, but I could not work on my project during the lesson, I had to go back to the preschool of sewing, and I am way to impatient for that. Also, the risk of sewing my fingers together was fairly high.

So, I had to come up with a plan B, fast!

Instead of sewing my fingers together, I shall burn them and then glue them together. Oh, hot glue, you are fantastic.

How to make no-sew bean bags:


  1. Gather your materials. This includes a 25 pound bag of pinto beans. I still have about 20 pounds of beans if anyone would like them. Also, please note, no project can be completed without duct tape.
  2. Measure out your squares. My goal was to make 5 1/2 inch squares, so I measured 5 1/2 by 11 rectangles to save me from having to glue a fourth side.




3. After you cut out your rectangle, it should like something like this.

















4. Fold your piece in half to make sure the corners line up. Nothing is worse than your bean bag looking like a drunken sailor made it.








5. After you glue 2 of your 3 sides, place a piece of saran wrap over the square and pile on the beans! I found a heavier, fatter bean bag worked best. 


6. After you have piled on the beans, wrap them up! Secure the saran wrap with duct tape to keep any beans from jumping.












After the beans are secure, force them into the bean bag.

TA-DA!

I am pretty crafty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment