Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Supper Time

I know scientists, doctors, the people who make math books, say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I don't believe them.
`
I'm sorry, but I can't. No one ever stares at their pantry/cupboard/fridge and have no idea what they want for breakfast. There are a million options for breakfast.
  • Cold pizza
  • Heated up pizza
  • Something that once looked like pizza
  • Cereal
  • All other options involving egg/bacon/bread

Sorry, but breakfast is not that most important meal because it seems like no matter what you eat you have the rest of the day to work it off. Get the calories in your tummy and move on!

`

Besides, you don't see Snoopy singing about breakfast time, no he sings about Supper Time!

`

Supper time! When you have to get creative on what to eat, decide what you feel like eating, read cookbooks, watch cooking shows and a network devoted to food. All for one meal,and then you have to go through the process the next day, and the next and the next.

`

No wonder everyone is getting out of control fat in this country. It's so much easier to grab a burger or whatever than try to keep up with Rachel Ray. If I could have my way I would eat out every night, and order in on the others! I can hear my husband now, "Leftovers!"

`

Yes, those gross things that never taste the same. Kind of rubbery, tastes like the other leftover next to it, not a consistent warmth all the way around. Looks like it could break a window or be condemned by the bio-hazard team. Yeah, not a fan of it.

`

It's not that I hate making dinner, it's just not in my top fifty million things I would rather be doing. And there is only so many ways you can try to hide vegetables into meals.

`

Archaeologists and excavators would be amazed at how my husband is able to find every pea, carrot, corn kernel, and pick them to the side.

`

Name one person who is picky about breakfast. Okay, unless there is a food allergy, that tends to make that meal a tad more difficult. But it's nearly impossible for someone to have nothing they want to eat for breakfast like they do for dinner. But then again, something that resembles pizza is not that appetizing at supper time. I don't even think Snoopy would be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment